7/15/08

Color Blocks

We have been struggling to figure out how to paint our son's room. Originally we chose a green similar to the one used in his room in our last house, but it just didn't look right. I decided I was done with the previously loved look and want to do something new.

Using blocks of paint as shown in this month's Cookie Magazine could look fantastic. I am toying with alternating one green and one blue, or just using different shades of blue or green with a white or colored background. Even if we don't wind up doing this now, I think that the brighter colors with a white background are perfect for spicing up a playroom.

I'd also like to get a low bookshelf like this. I just need to find one.

3 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

sfgirlbybay put some castors on an Expedit bookcase... (you can see it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfgirlbybay/2389549139/)
It might work for you!

Holly said...

Thanks!

Mandy said...

I just flipped through this magazine this morning.