6/18/08

The stunning studio of Simone Hanckel. I have really been liking whites as of late.

I wonder at what point I have or will have crossed the line when it comes to using an image on this blog. I always credit the source, but realize that the source may not always like an image to be used. If it were my business or blog I would appreciate the word of mouth, but others might not feel that way. Obviously this is just a small site that is not for commercial use, it is just stuff that I find pretty, so I'll just keep crediting were credit is due and hope that is sufficient.

2 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

But have you ever lived anywhere this white? I adore these images too, but I'm not sure I could live it...

Re the images, check copyright on sites of designers, always credit both the publication and the photographer.

Rights are hugely complex and many photographers still don't waive rights for online use of their image by publications, so there's always risk.

Placing a watermark on the image will stop other users (who may be less genuine than you) distributing and using the image.

And, finally, if contact can be easily made through a photographer's or stylist's website, I always ask...

Holly said...

Thanks as always for the info Jane.

I definitely couldn't live somewhere this white, but I think it makes an amazing photographer's studio!